Consumers are demanding that more and more raw ingredients come from fairly-traded sources and are expecting more information about the products they buy – where they are sourced, how the producers are treated, are they paid a fair price and what impact does the production of goods have on the environment and the local community?
Part of the core Earthoil product range are Fair Trade (Fair for Life) certified, such as Organic and Fair Trade Argan Oil from Morocco or Organic and Fair Trade Tea Tree Oil from Kenya. These oils can be easily identified by the letters “FFL” (Fair for Life) on the product description and the Fair for Life logo on the label. Earthoil’s Fair Trade certified oils have been produced and sourced according to a set of principles:
- Fair and safe working conditions for producers and workers
- Regular and transparent communication between the producers and the company through a producers’ representation organization
- Transparent price negotiations and fair price which allows producers to cover costs of production and a decent standard of living
- Long-term and trusting co-operation between trading partners
- Payment of a Fair Trade Development premium in addition to the sales price for community projects and social development of the producers
- Good environmental performance of the company and good community relations
Earthoil is committed to this set of principles with its Fair Trade suppliers through Fair for Life certification by Ecocert, which it has maintained since 2009.
This is a constantly evolving process for Earthoil. Ecocert is one of the first and most renowned bodies for inspection, certification and quality assurance of sustainable products.
A Fair for Life Public Summary from each of our Fair Trade projects is available upon request, with information on the producers organizational structure, project characteristics and Fair Trade premium use.
Creating a difference
We are dedicated to helping improve the lives of those who are involved with our projects – the farmers and their families. We support a number of CSR projects and can help you to access these communities and be part of their development.
We support a number of CSR projects and can help you to access these communities and be part of their development.